2019 Harlan Fall Frolic
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18, 6-8pm
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Frolic?
The Frolic is the annual fun fair for all students, preschool through 5th grade, and families of Harlan. There are several carnival-style games with prizes, a photo booth, an indoor obstacle course, a thrilling “Animal Magic” show, and other fun activities with food from the Hunter House food truck. Please note: This is not a drop off event. Families attend together.
What does it include? Lots and Lots of FUN!
- Spirit Week - The week of the Frolic will have designated themes each day to get all the students excited about the event. Themes will be listed on the flyers going home in backpacks, the PTA website calendar, Facebook page, and Harlan Happenings. The Harlan student leadership team selects the themes and designs the flyers. If a student chooses to dress according to the theme, she/he will receive a ticket redeemable with the Frolic “Apron Ladies” for a piece of candy.
- Basket Raffles - During Spirit Week at school, and at the Frolic, students and families will have an opportunity to buy raffle tickets to win one of many fun, kid- and family-themed baskets. Students will be able to fill out tickets for the specific baskets they wish to win. Tickets will be on sale in the Harlan Lobby during Spirit Week, 11:40am-1:05pm. Cost is $0.50 a ticket or an arm’s length for $5. The drawings will take place at 8pm on the night of the Frolic.
- “Apron Ladies” - One of the most popular features of the Frolic! “Apron Ladies” are volunteers who walk around the evening of the Frolic wearing an apron filled with candy. Students can exchange tickets earned by participating in Spirit Week for small treats.
- Games - Carnival-style games will be located in classrooms throughout the school. These games are geared to be fun for all elementary ages, and include small, fun prizes. Kids can visit a few, or rotate through them all.
- Cake Walk - The Cake Walk is a musical chairs-type game with one big winner per round. Each child who does not win a large cake or 6 cupcakes will receive a prize just for playing. Nut-free and gluten-free cakes/cupcakes will be available. We need your cakes! Please volunteer to bring a cake by signing up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0C4EADAA2AA0FE3-fall.
- “Animal Magic” – A fun and thrilling new event this year where knowledge, respect, and appreciation of animals is presented through magic! The live performance of Animal Magic is sure to bring joy and awe to all who attend. Shows start at 6:15 p.m. and run every 15 minutes with the last show starting at 7:30 p.m.
- Indoor Obstacle Course – Children have the opportunity to tap into their “Ultimate Warrior” and burn off some energy as they race their friends through the inflatable obstacle course.
- Food - Yes, food is served at the Frolic! The Hunter House food truck will have hamburgers, hot dogs, chili fries, regular fries, soda, and water available for purchase on the night of the Frolic.
How much does it cost to attend?
The cost is $7.50/individual and $20/family (up to 6) if ordered in advance. Tickets will also be sold at the door for $10/individual and $30/family. Food will be available for purchase separately from the Hunter House food truck as well as popcorn ($0.50 cash) and snow cones ($1 cash). Flyers for pre-ordering tickets will go home in backpacks. Tickets can also be pre-ordered through ClickBid: www.harlan.cbo.io. Unlike in years past, there will be no bracelets sent home prior to the event. All pre-ordered tickets will be noted at check in for the Frolic (please give your name to our volunteers to receive your game bracelet). Tickets will also be available for purchase at the door on the night of the Frolic ($10/individual and $30/family).
How can I help make this successful?
The biggest family event of the school year is coming up, and we need many volunteers! We are looking for volunteers to help with games, selling raffle baskets, setup/cleanup and other activities at the Frolic. We also need many cake and cupcake donations for the Cake Walk. Volunteer opportunities are also available for Middle and High School students in need of service hours. All former Harlan students and friends are welcome!
WE NEED LOTS OF VOLUNTEERS.
Ways to help include:
- Volunteer assistance:
- Bringing in a cake or cupcakes for the cake walk:
- Donate to the PTA through ClickBid:
All volunteer positions are short and simple.
What if I still have questions?
Please contact email@example.com. This fun event is open to all Harlan families regardless of income. If you are in need of financial assistance in order to attend this family event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.